CHEST & BACK DAY!
MAKE SURE SHOULDERS ARE BACK, CHEST OUT, CHIN UP & ABS TIGHT!
NEVER LET KNEES GO OVER TOES WHEN LUNGING AND SQUATTING...KNEES SHOULD ALWAYS BE @ 90 DEGREES
START WITH MODERATE TO HEAVY, END WITH *HEAVY* | THE MORE YOU LIFT, THE LESS REPS YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DO.
WHEN YOU ADD WEIGHT, YOU BUILD MUSCLE. | LIGHT OR NO WEIGHT BURNS OUT AND TONES (LEAN MUSCLE)
Minimum 30 minutes
- Seated cable row- On your cable row machine attach a close grip handle. Drive your elbows back and squeeze your back. Complete 4 sets of 12 reps. The 5th set is a squeeze set. Drop the weight, hold each rep for a 2-second count...10 reps.
- Wide grip pulldowns x Underhand stretchers - Complete 12 wide grip lat pull downs immediately followed by 12 underhand stretchers. 4 sets of 12 reps each.
- Kayak rows - Attach a straight bar to a cable set at the highest attachment. With an overhand grip, press the bar down to one side and squeeze, then down to the other side and squeeze. You should feel a tightness/contraction in your lower lat for these. 4 sets of 12 reps- 6 each side.
- Floor lat pull x Straight arm push down - Attach a straight bar to the cable at the highest setting. Grab the bar with an overhand grip, sit on the floor and complete 12 pull downs. Keep your core tight. Stand and immediately complete 12 overhand push downs. 4 sets of 12 reps.
- Hex press x Push ups - On an incline bench, place the dumbbells just under your chest/at your upper abdomen. Press them up and keep them touching the entire time. Complete 12 reps, then immediately do push ups on the back of the incline bench until failure. 4 sets of 12 reps each.
- Cable cross pull x Cable holds - Set the cables to the highest setting and don’t attach any handles (I'll attach handles to protect my hands). Grab left cable in right hand and right cable in left hand. Get down on your knees and bring your elbows down. Get a good stretch at the top. Complete 10 reps then stand, uncross them and complete 10 cable holds- pause at the bottom of each rep for 3 seconds. 4 sets of 10-12 reps each.