Chest & Back Day!
15 minutes before or after workout
- Shoulder-width lat pulldown- On your lat pulldown machine, grab the bar with an overhand grip, hands shoulder-width apart. Drive your elbows down and squeeze your back. 4 sets of 10-12 reps. A 5th set will be a squeeze set. Drop the weight and hold for 2 seconds at the bottom of each rep, 10 reps or until failure.
- Kayak rows- Attach a straight bar to a cable set at the highest attachment. With an overhand grip, press the bar down to one side and squeeze, then down to the other side and squeeze. You should feel a tightness/contraction in your lower lat for these. 4 sets of 12 reps- 6 each side.
- Back extensions- Adjust the machine so that your·feet are firmly hooked under the footpads. Position your lower body across the large pad provided for this purpose. Slowly bend at the waist until the upper body is at 90 degrees to the lower body. Extend to the starting position and stretch upward just slightly so that the back is in hyperextension. This is a gentle reverse arching of the back - do not push it too far. 4 sets of 10
- Floor lat pull x Straight arm push down- Attach a straight bar to the cable at the highest setting. Grab the bar with an overhand grip, sit on the floor and complete 12 pull downs. Keep your core tight. Stand and immediately complete 12 overhand push downs.
- Hex press x Push ups - On an incline bench, place the dumbbells just under your chest/ at your upper abdomen. Press them up and keep them touching the entire time. Complete 12 reps, then immediately do push ups on the back of the incline bench until failure. 4 sets of each.
- Single arm smith row x Inverted pull up- Focusing on driving your elbows straight back with upper body parallel to the floor, complete 10 overhand rows with your right arm then 10 rows with your left arm on the smith machine. Immediately after, complete 10 inverted smith pull ups. Complete 4 sets of each.
Complete as a circuit.
Rest after each completed round, not between exercises! 4 total rounds.
• Feet flat crunches- 10 reps
• Feet at 90° crunches- 10 reps
• Feet straight up crunches - 10 reps
• L Side crunches - 10 reps
• R Side crunches - 10 reps