Saturday, April 8, 2017
Temperature: High 60° / Low 30°
What Kind of Day Did I Have & Why?
All I did was eat bullshit all day. Seriously - I lost my mind and must’ve forgotten that my wedding is in 49 days...only I didn’t forget because people kept asking me about it all day! Smh…
We’ll call today Bad Decisions Day.
How Do I Feel? Health/Lupie Status?
I actually felt great!
I’m sticking with my 2!
Workout Time & Duration?
Does picking up donuts and shoving hem in my mouth count?
Ummm...nope, it just makes me greedy!
Destination Wedding Task Tackled:
- We did end up doing something today. Our planner, Joyce sent us the quote for our reception menu selections and it is a doozie! What THE FUCK are we about to do?!? It hit us both that this shit s no joke and I don’t think either of us really had a healthy enough respect for the gravity of this decision. We had so many questions and had to just let our heads spin and agree to reconvene when we got back home.
- The venue agreed to honor the pricing from the year that we originally were quoted (2014) and we were working off of that menu, but since then (3 years later) there have been a lot of changes and it turns out that choosing a package from this year’s package could be cheaper...but the menu is different...So we have to figure out what we want.
- There are additional vendors that we have to make arrangements for that we aren’t aware of ...how did 5 turn into 7? But on the good side, they don’t cost as much to feed, so that’s a plus - but still...who are the extras?
Any Old Destination Wedding Tasks Making a Comeback?
Loving Black Love Moment?
This whole menu planning thing will NOT be easy, and my man is feeling the pressure. He told me he wasn’t looking forward to the menu, and he was NOT lying. He was obviously irritated by the whole situation and I started to take it personally, but had to remind myself that it had nothing to do with ME. After he cooled down, he came back and made sure we were good and I appreciate that. The reality is that he told me that he wasn’t feeling it - and I will shift it in gear to try to help more in this area. Teamwork time is in effect!
What am I happy for?
Two things come to mind:
- I’m happy that the “problem” that we have are not real people problems. We have a wonderful life that I am grateful for and I love the fact that the shit we have to stress about are pleasantries like...“steak or fish?”...
- I’m happy that I was able to be with some family this weekend. It was a super quick trip, but it was nice to get to hang a little bit with the people I COULD see. It’s nice being with people who look like you - I don’t get much of that in Pittsburgh...but not just black...my family! Although, black is a plus too!
What could I have done better?
NOT EATEN ALL THE BULLSHIT!
I have a wedding in 49 days and the trip starts in like what 45 days??? And I have a bachelorette party that I decided to wear a skin tight jumpsuit for which is in 2 weeks...I’m trippin’ for real!
What am I doing tomorrow?
Being hungover, going back home and going to a baseball game with my man...hopefully I can pull my shit together!