Chest & Shoulders Day!
15 minutes before or after workout
- Hex press x Push ups - On an incline bench, place the dumbbells just under your chest/ at your upper abdomen. Press them up and keep them touching the entire time. Complete 12 reps, then immediately do push ups on the back of the incline bench until failure. 4 sets of each.
I’m using 7.5 lb weights and will try for 10 at the end, do what works for you. Going too heavy could make you lose form. We don’t need much weight here, just a nice even burn.
- Upright row x Shoulder press- Hold a straight bar with an overhand grip in front of you. Drive your elbows up, tuck your elbows under then press the bar up above your head. Return to starting position = 1 rep. 4 sets of 10 reps - no resting here!
I’m using anything between 18 and 25 lbs here. Do what works for you! It should be a smooth transitioning motion and if you have any trouble, move down in weight.
You’ll add more as you get stronger - just get it done.
- Cable cross pull - Set the middle cable towers to the highest setting and do not attach handles. Grab left cable in right hand and right cable in left hand. Stand in the center and get a good stretch across your chest at the top. Keeping core tight throughout the whole motion, pull both cables across your body in an “X”, ending with arms fully extended at your sides. You should feel this in your upper chest and shoulders. Complete 10 reps then uncross them and rest for 10 seconds. 4 sets of 10.
I’m doing this at 20-25 lbs on each side, but do what works best for you. Your first set may need to be without weight so you can get the hang of the motion.
- Side raise x Shrugs - Complete 10 dumbbell side raises immediately followed by 10 dumbbell shrugs. 4 sets of each.
I’m using 10-15 lbs here, but do what works best.
Complete as a circuit.
Rest AFTER each completed round, not between exercises!
You guessed it - 4 total rounds.
• Feet flat crunches- 10 reps
• Feet at 90° crunches- 10 reps
• Feet straight up crunches - 10 reps
• L Side crunches - 10 reps
• R Side crunches - 10 reps