The getting it in begins now...
Minimum 2 miles
- Abductor - On the seated abductor machine, the first 10 reps will be sitting, then increase the weight by about 15-20 lbs and complete the second 10 reps to equal 20 reps. 5 sets of 20 reps
- Cable deadlifts- Attach a close grip handle to a cable at the lowest setting. Go heavy because there needs to be enough resistance to keep you up. Take a couple steps back, bend forward at the waist with back straight and a slight bend in your knees. You should feel a good stretch in your hamstring, in this position keep back straight and squeeze the life out of your glutes and use them to push you forward and back upright. 5 sets of 12 reps.
- Hamstring curls- Seated or lying, complete 4 sets of 10-12 reps - 4th set will be a back down or a “squeeze set.” Take your normal rest after the 3rd set, then the 4th set will go as follows: Reduce weight from the last set by about 50% and focus on slow and controlled movements. Squeeze!
- Cable kickbacks- Attach an ankle cuff to the cable set at the lowest setting. Bend over 90° so your upper body is parallel with the floor (important for preventing lower back tightness), keep your hips neutral & straight - no twisting. Kick back, squeezing your glute and drop your foot back down slowly. 4 sets of 8 reps each leg - okay to alternate legs.
- Barbell squats- These won’t be heavy considering we saved them for last today. Feet just wider than shoulder width, toes slightly pointed outward. Drop down as low as you can and keep your chest up, squeeze your glutes at the top! 3 sets of 12 reps.
25 Regular Crunches
12 Bicycles (4 count = 1)
15 Scissor Kicks (4 count = 1)
25 Straight Leg/Laying Down Sit Ups