Wednesday, May 10, 2017
Temperature: High 75° / Low 47°
What Kind of Day Did I Have & Why?
I don’t think I’ve ever done this much in a day...seriously! Place cards, menus, PayPal payments, bank wires, emails, songs, paper, fonts, inks, confirmations, inquiries and more!
My head is spinning!
How Do I Feel? Health/Lupie Status?
Still feeling great! I might even put today’s pain at a 1 - hey - why not! 1 it is!
Workout Time & Duration?
Another great workout today! I was in there for about 2 hours this time. I almost didn’t make it because my day was so busy, but I made it late this afternoon. no excuses!
Destination Wedding Task Tackled:
💖 So...my father officially agrees that You Are the Sunshine of My Life is the best song for us, so our Father/Daughter dance song is officially chosen - and it only took a week! WHEW!
- Since we’re having steak and chicken as our wedding entree options, Che realized that we needed to choose the temperature for the steak to be cooked and although we like Medium, we decided the overall best option is probably Medium Well for our crowd - we will organize our collected menu responses and get those to our wedding planner, Joyce ASAP too.
- During last night’s call with Joyce, we asked her to get confirmation from our venue, Blue Venado that our menu choices and substitutions were acceptable so that we can get our menus printed soon - confirmation received!
- And we also remembered that we need to make sure our 2 guests with shellfish allergies are noted as well since each dish is supposed to come with lobster. We’ll add those notes too when we send the choices and table seating chart to Joyce this week..
💖 Vendor Payments:
- PayPal to Transportation - This morning I received a response from our transportation company explaining that the extra $21 was the PayPal service fee and while we aren’t normally responsible for this payment, it is our responsibility since we don’t want to pay cash when we get there - we’re considering it a convenience charge and eating it. Adding extra $21 to budget spreadsheet.
- PayPal to DJ
- PayPal to Officiant, Gabriela
- PayPal to Love + Lace for ceiling decor - Papel Picado and String Lighting
- Bank Wire to our photographers Shenko Photography
- Bank wire to our planner, Joyce
- As a side note - since I’ve been a party to so many bank wires, I should be hired to train the staff on the best practices...I’m that good!
Our only payment still outstanding is our florist. We're waiting on her PayPal request. This is awesome, but damn, our bank account is looking much skinnier after my payment frenzy!
💖 Place cards
After more creative deliberation I picked the vendor for our placecards! WHY hadn’t I thought about placecards before?!? Who knows...but the ball is now rolling and I’ve decided on painted wood slices and sent the request...Now, I have to get more specific in details, put together the list of names and all the other details, pick the papers, fonts, inks and get it all together so we can put this rush order together. Yes - again I will be adding a rush to it since the normal lead time is 2-4 weeks and I only have 1 week for real, for real. I’m gonna need to be creative with this budget.
💖 Our travel agent, Sarah asked us to help her out with getting our guest’s flight confirmations, and since her list contained 13 out of 28 rooms in the room block, we sent another email and decided to call anyone who doesn’t send in 2 days.
While we had her attention I also asked her about making the arrangements for our guests to get their welcome packages and she too thought it was weird for our planner to not handle, but she volunteered to help as well. I went ahead and reached out to my Secrets contact Elizabeth to handle, so someone will help us.
💖 My welcome itineraries are printed, cut, shipped and set to arrive on Friday so that means I'll have the boxes and itineraries same day! Yahoooo!
💖 I also got Etsy-happy and sent out a zillion email inquiries to find out if I could get some swimsuits, hats and robes personalized in this small window of time without breaking the bank - it isn’t looking too pretty! I’m too tardy to the party.
Any Old Destination Wedding Tasks Making a Comeback?
Yup! Today we switched the script and made arrangements with our photographers, Shenko Photography to change our pre-wedding photos location from our resort, to instead meet them at a cafe in downtown Playa del Carmen for a different setting - we wanted something more fun and they were super accommodating. We will call them when we arrive to pick a specific spot.
Loving Black Love Moment?
This whole day was a Loving Black Love Moment! We worked so well bouncing ideas back and forth and getting shit dine...we were a well-oiled machine today! Damn we’re a great couple!
What am I happy for?
I’m actually happy that I have the time to do all of this shit today. I know that i’m lucky in this regard because I could have to work a full-time job for someone and then come home and figure out how to get all of this done.
What could I have done better?
Nada! I did the damn thang today!
What am I doing tomorrow?
Much, much, more! The first thing that comes to mind (other than removing this pink ass hair - STILL) is to find a headpiece! I found a couple of places nearby and I’ve waited long enough damn it! And I need my Bridefriend/Workout Partner Alecia to go too [sending late night email]