- Shoulder width lat pulldown- On your lat pulldown machine, grab the bar with an overhand grip, hands shoulder-width apart. Drive your elbows down and squeeze your back. 4 sets of 10-12 reps. A 5th set will be a squeeze set. Drop the weight and hold for 2 seconds at the bottom of each rep, 10 reps or until failure.
- Kayak rows- Attach a straight bar to a cable set at the highest attachment. With an overhand grip, press the bar down to one side and squeeze, then down to the other side and squeeze. You should feel a tightness/contraction in your lower lat for these. 4 sets of 12 reps- 6 each side.
- Underhand barbell rows- You can use a barbell or the smith machine for these. Bend over at about a 90-degree angle, drive your elbows back and squeeze your back. Complete 4 sets of 12 reps.
- Dumbbell pullovers- Lie flat on your back on a bench with a single dumbbell in your hands. Allow the dumbbell to come down even with your head/parallel to the floor, then press it back up. Complete 4 sets of 12 reps.
- Seated cable row- On your cable row machine attach a close grip handle. Drive your elbows back and squeeze your back. Complete 4 sets of 12 reps. 5th set is a squeeze set. Drop the weight, hold each rep for a 2-second count, 10 reps.
Minimum 2 miles